romance
Samantha and Xavier meet when Samantha brings a newfound kitten to Xavier’s veterinary clinic in Minnesota. They eventually reconnect and have a very fun, memorable date. But Samantha moves to California the very next day and the two of them try to forget each other since it’s impossible for either of them to leave their respective cities.
I had much higher hopes for Say You’ll Remember Me after enjoying several of Abby Jimenez’s novels this year. But it really dragged and grew monotonous. The vast majority of the novel is the two of them complaining and stressing about missing each other and being unable to visit each other due to limited finances. And another huge chunk is about Samantha and her family caring for her mother who is suffering from dementia. It was depressing and not what I expect in romance novels. In fact, there wasn’t really much romance. It was instant falling in love and then the whole story was their inability to be together. That was it. Finally, at the end, they do live happily ever after. But it was a fairly frustrating reading experience.
I wish I had more to say about it but there wasn’t much to the story. *shrug*

No comments:
Post a Comment